Charles Louis Creegan's Page
March 30, 2013
Web hosted by Clear.net.nz
Creegan (picture, if you must...) received the B.A. from
Oberlin College in 1981. His major fields were
Philosophy and Religion, and he was accorded graduation honors in religion. He received
the Ph.D. from Drew University in 1987, presenting a
dissertation entitled "Kierkegaard and Wittgenstein: A New Way of Doing
Philosophy". The thesis committee consisted of Charles Courtney, Thomas Oden and Paul
L. Holmer. From 1998 to June, 2000, Creegan was webmaster at
North Carolina Wesleyan College (where he spent 10 years teaching philosophy and religion (and doing major WWW development). He is currently working as a technical writer
and website developer/manager for
Trustwave (formerly known as M86 Security and Marshal Ltd). He is
Nicola Hoggard Creegan.
For (usually) fastest response, send email to ccreegan (at) clear.net.nz
Also find my latest updates on
Trustwave/M86 Security/Marshal Limited - full charge of technical
underpinnings 2006-2012. Maintenance and refinement of the Forum and Knowledge
Base applications. The support pages of the Trustwave site continue to use this
Marshal Software - running changes from 1 October 2000 to 30 June 2004 (now a fallen flag, alas)
North Carolina Wesleyan College - all design and development to 30 July 2000, and still
a number of cool bits in use as of 2013!
Former teaching responsibilities at North Carolina Wesleyan College
(Note: syllabus links formerly available here have been eliminated. If you're
really interested email me.)
- Philosophy courses
- Introduction to Philosophy (PHI 201)
- Aesthetics (PHI 205)
- Ethics (PHI 202)
- Metaphysics (special study)
- History sequence (PHI 301 and 302)
- Professional and Business Ethics (PHI 342)
- Philosophy of Religion (PHI 427)
- Belief and Certainty (special study)
- Religion courses
- Introduction to Religion (REL 101)
- Feminist Theology (REL 427)
- Liberation Theology (REL 427)
- Mysticism (individual study)
- Honors Program courses
- Philosophy of Science
- Feminist Philosophy
- Philosophy of Art (upper level)
- Ecology (presenter in team-taught course)
Rationality, Belief, and Certainty
Publications and presentations:
- Wittgenstein and Kierkegaard: Religion,
Individuality, and Philosophical Method. London: Routledge, 1989.
- Papers published:
- "The Real Me is the Me at Private Prayer," in The Human Side of Prayer,
by L. B. Brown (Birmingham, AL: Religious Education Press, 1994)
- Papers read:
- "Kierkegaard, Certainly"
- Kierkegaard Group, AAR, November 1998
- "Kierkegaard's Relations with Postmodernism and
- Conference on `Person' in a `Postmodern' Era, Wesleyan Center, Point Loma Nazarene
College, January 1997.
- "Words of Love"
- Kierkegaard Group, AAR, November 1996
- "Kierkegaard's 'Ditch', Wittgenstein's 'Cage', and Philosophy of Religion"
- Philosophy of Religion Section, AAR, November 1995.
- "Suiting the Action to the Word" [a response to Word and Spirit, by Ron
- Kierkegaard Consultation, AAR Southeast, March 1994.
- "Schleiermacher and Kierkegaard: Dialogue on Ecclesiology"
- Schleiermacher Group, AAR, November 1993 (with Nicola Hoggard Creegan).
- "Christological Fragments: Schleiermacher and Kierkegaard"
- International Schleiermacher Society, November 1990 (with Nicola Hoggard
- "Kierkegaard: Eithers and Ors"
- Rhetoric and Religious Discourse group, AAR, November 1990; Kierkegaard
Consultation, AAR Southeast, March 1993.
- "Kierkegaard and 'Proofs of God'"
- Kierkegaard Consultation, AAR Southeast, March 1990.
- D. Dombrowski, Analytic Theism, Hartshorne, and the Concept of God, Philosophy
in Review 17:6 (Dec. 1997).
- International Kierkegaard Commentary: Either/Or I/II, Teaching Philosophy
20:2 (June 1997).
- G. Conway, Wittgenstein on Foundations, Can. Phil. Revs. April 1994.
- E. Webb, Philosophers of Consciousness, IJPR 32 (1992).
- J. Whittaker, The Logic of Religious Persuasion, CRBR 1992.
- F. Kerr, Theology after Wittgenstein, IJPR 25:2 (1989).
- S. Dujancourt, "Law and Ethics in Ellul's Theology," Ellul Studies Forum,
- P. Aubert, review of G. Vahanian's Dieu Anonyme, ESF, June 1990.
- G. Vahanian, review of J. Ellul's Le bluff technologique, ESF, November
This page created 12/19/95.